Open Communications Chair Position
Want to get involved? Consider applying for the open Communications Chair position on the DC Alumni Club's Board!
Please click here to access and complete the Candidate Information Form. This application is due by February 28, 2013.
If you have any questions, have issues accessing the application, or would like any additional information, please reach out to Joe Anzalone, DC Club's Vice President, at .
Communications Chair Description
Generally handles all aspects of the new UChicago Community Online (UCCO) including, but not limited to,
collecting information about upcoming and past events, uploading photos and documents, tracking and updating
the calendar, and working to collect information from local alumni groups.
· Serve as the primary administrator of the UChicago Alumni Club of Washington, D.C.’s online community (UCCO)
o Manage content on the Club’s website [uchicagodc.org]
§ Upload alumni event information
§ Upload photos and informational documents
§ Post monthly note that promotes local alumni
§ Follow up on inquiries submitted via the website
o Manage content on the Club’s Facebook page
§ Update page to reflect and promote upcoming events
§ Promote the Club by posting and sharing information
o Maintain a calendar for the Club and for events organized by specialized alumni groups (i.e., area Affinity groups, Booth alumni, etc.)
o Manage the Club’s Gmail account
· Maintain data and other information to help the Club serve local alumni
o Work with Alumni Relations and other local alumni leaders to help identify and welcome new alumni to the DC area
o Process and maintain captured data, including attendance for events and meetings
· Serve as a member of the Club’s Board of Directors
· Must be a member in good standing at the time of their selection and at all times during their tenure.
Term of Office
· The term of office shall be two years and shall start on or about September 1st. However, the DC Club would like to fill this position prior to September 1st with the two year term starting to run in September.
· The Communications Chair shall serve not more than two consecutive terms in any office.
Selection of Communications Chair
· Complete and submit Candidate Information Form, which is available on the website, by February 28th.
· See By-Laws of University of Chicago Alumni Club of Washington, DC.
· Per the By-Laws, the Communications Chair shall be confirmed at the Voting Meeting by a majority vote of the members present and voting.