Alumni Club Board Accepting Applications for New Career Development Chair
Take a leadership role to support and strengthen the professional network among local alumni and organize career development initiatives.
Any alum of the University of Chicago can apply by completing the Candidate Information Form by November 30, 2014. The form is available here.
If you have any questions or would like additional information about the career development chair position, contact Daniel Arking, the Alumni Club’s current Career Development Chair, at .
Career Development Chair Description
The Alumni Club’s Career Development Chair serves to support local alumni in their career development efforts by providing opportunities for career exploration, fostering a stronger professional network within the local alumni community, and promoting career-related University resources among local alumni. Specific responsibilities will include:
• Organize quarterly career-related events for local alumni that explore potential opportunities in industries or career development skills of potential interest to alumni
• Coordinate with the University Alumni Association to organize local activities as part of the University of Chicago Career Month
• Develop innovative initiatives to strengthen the professional network among local alumni
• Recruit members of the Alumni Club Career Development Committee and supervise all committee activities.
• Maintain relations with University officials to facilitate the career exploration and development efforts of current undergraduate and graduate students seeking to relocate to the Washington, DC area after graduation.
• All alumni of the University of Chicago, including alumni of the college and of all graduate schools and departments, who are located in the metropolitan Washington, DC area are eligible for consideration of this position.
Term of Office
• The term of office shall be not more than two years, commencing on February 1, 2015.
• The Career Development Chair may not serve more than two terms in office.
Election of the Career Development Chair
• All eligible alumni who complete a Candidate Information Form no later than November 30, 2014 will be considered candidates for the Career Development Chair.
• The Alumni Club Board of Directors will elect the new Career Development Chair by majority vote of those members present at its January meeting.
• Election of the new Career Development Chair will become effective on February 1, 2015.
Additional information regarding the election process is provided in the University of Chicago Alumni Club of Washington, DC’s By-laws, which are available here.